Rincon Car Accident Lawyers
A car accident can completely alter your life, affecting your ability to work or leaving you with a disabling health condition. If you suffer injuries caused by someone else’s recklessness, you need an experienced law firm to hold the driver accountable.
What Types of Car Accidents Does Kicklighter Law Handle?
For decades, our car accident lawyers have helped Rincon clients who suffered injuries in a range of car accidents, including but not limited to:
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- Side-impact or T-bone collisions
- Rollover accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Multi-vehicle accidents
What Are Common Causes of Car Accidents?
Car accidents can occur for many reasons, including weather and other circumstances. The majority of accidents, however, are caused by human error or reckless driving actions. Common causes of car accidents include:
- Distracted driving: Activities such as texting, phone calls, interacting with children or pets, eating, fiddling with the radio, and more distract attention from driving.
- Drowsy driving: Lack of sleep affects the ability to drive safely.
- Drunk driving: Operating a vehicle while under the influence of alcohol or drugs is dangerous.
- Reckless driving: Behaviors such as darting in and out of traffic lanes, disobeying laws, speeding, tailgating, and cutting off others are all considered reckless and aggressive driving.
- Speeding: Speed limits are designed to keep motorists safe. Speeding limits reaction times, stopping distance, and the ability to stop quickly in an emergency.
- Tailgating: Driving too closely behind other cars reduces stopping distance.
- Weather: Inclement weather can cause low visibility and slippery road conditions.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident in Rincon?
Gathering evidence at the time of the accident can significantly impact proving your accident and injury claims. If you are able, you should do the following after a car accident:
- Call 911 to report the accident and injuries to the police.
- Photograph the injuries, car damage, signage, road and weather conditions, and any other relevant factors leading to the accident.
- Gather contact information and statements from witnesses.
- Seek medical attention immediately, even if you believe you are uninjured or suffer only minor injuries.
- Keep all records of the accident and your injuries, including medical reports and bills.
- Report the accident to your insurance company.
- Limit conversation with the other driver at the scene and do not argue or apologize.
- Hire an experienced car accident lawyer, especially if you have serious injuries.
How Can a Car Accident Lawyer Help Me?
Hiring an experienced car accident lawyer lets you focus on your recovery. A Rincon car accident lawyer can do the following:
- Investigate the accident.
- Gather witness statements.
- File required documents with the court.
- Consult your medical team regarding your current and future medical needs.
- Negotiate a settlement with insurance companies.
- Hire experts, if necessary.
- Represent you in court should the case proceed to trial.
Kicklighter Law has earned a solid reputation for our dedication to clients and experience.
What Are Common Car Accident Injuries?
Car accidents often result in some form of injury. Even minor accidents, such as a parking lot fender-bender, can cause serious injuries, especially when not wearing a seat belt.
Some of the most common injuries resulting from car accidents include:
- Back, neck, and spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones, fractures, bruising, burns, and lacerations
- Concussions and traumatic brain injuries
- Crushed or severed limbs
- Internal organ damage
- Nerve damage
- Partial or full paralysis
- PTSD and other psychological trauma
Is There a Deadline to File a Personal Injury Claim?
In Georgia, the statute of limitations to file a personal injury claim is two years from the date of the accident or death.
What Damages Can I Seek Following a Car Accident?
Compensation has no set value and is based on both economic and non-economic damages. Economic damages refer to the fixed financial expenses related to the accident and your injuries, including medical expenses, lost wages, repair costs, and rehabilitation.
Non-economic damages refer to personal costs with no financial value related to the pain and suffering you experienced as a result of the accident and your injuries. Non-economic damages may include chronic pain, disfigurement, and loss of life enjoyment, among others.
What if I am Partially At Fault?
Georgia is a comparative negligence state, meaning each driver is assigned a percentage of responsibility for the accident. Even if you are partly liable, you may still be able to obtain compensation. However, the total compensation you are awarded will be reduced by your percentage of fault. You cannot be more than half responsible for the accident in order to be eligible for damages.
Our Skilled Rincon Car Accident Lawyers at Kicklighter Law Help Injured Clients Seek Justice
Suffering injuries in a car accident can be life-altering. Contact our Rincon car accident lawyers at Kicklighter Law if you have been injured in a wreck. Call us at 912-754-6003 or visit us online to schedule a consultation. Located in Springfield, Georgia, we serve clients in Effingham County, Savannah, and the surrounding areas.